L'AMOUR TRIOMPHE TOUJOURS

"Don't Judge A Person By His Action, But By His Intention"

Saturday, December 18, 2010

my selection process in TCS off campus sjbit bangalore

Hello Friends,
Am Shadab ashraf, BTech graduate in Electronics and Communication stream from MIET,Gondia NAGPUR UNIVERSITY(2010 passout). Recently I got selected for TCS in the TCS Placement Drive conducted in SJBIT college Bangalore Karnataka.
No of Rounds : 04
Aptitude Test ( 22 aug 2010)
Technical Round-1 ( 28 aug 2010)
Group Discussion – GD(same)
Client/Manager Interview(same)
1. Aptitude Test :
The previous pattern has been drastically changed. They are not gonna test your verbal ability anymore. The test comes with 35 questions(60 mins). Negative marks @ 0.33/wrong ans. The trick is that the questions are too long & the real problem lies in the last 2 sentences. I was able to attend 29, but even guys who attended 26 got short-listed.
2. Technical Interview:
In this Round they will ask your favorite subject and questions will mostly be based on that. I took up Digital Electronics and microprocessor. I was doing training in CMC LTD those days and in my profile java and linux was dere so some question from tat and c++. Don’t be upset if U don’t know the ans. Be frank and bold. You should come well prepared with Ur favorite subjects.At last they asked me about one upcoming latest technology i spoke about cloud computing choose ur topic wisely with some content to speak of
3. Management Review Interview:
Here your management abilities are tested. The interviewer asked me to explain about myself. I went through my details including academics, family and hobbies. Then he asked me about the different establishments of TATA. Next he wanted me to explain the latest trends in the software field. I was then ask to brief up the TCS profile. He then asked me whether I know about Rathan Tata’s retirement from the chairman’s post. Be bold and don’t talk rubbish and accept if you don’t know something. I was a bit worried after this round. But by god’s grace I got into the next round.
4. Group Discussion:
This is the most difficult round for me m really scared of it not bcoz i hv speaking problem but gd always turns into a fish market and then eveything is left on the hr it was my luck though we were said we will be having gd but when we reached gd hall it was one on one communication round.Finally it came to end at 10 pm and we were told to check our mail we got the conf mail on 21 sep
All the Best Guys !

No comments:

Post a Comment